Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tackling Autism's Launch Event

At the beginning of this year, Scott and I started the Tackling Autism Foundation. We were still in the process of organizing everything when we were approached by my brother Adam about having a golf tournament in Orlando. We didn't know if we could pull it off in such a short amount of time. But thanks to him and his group called Fore Charities, we had a successful event with 103 golfers. The tournament was covered by the Orlando Sentinel in this article. Everyone had a great time.

Here are some pics -
Here is Alex and I with our dear friend Molly Dempsey...who happens to be the one who took all these great photos (both at our event and for our beach trip). Thanks Molly, for always being the one with a camera, because I never am! Check out her site...she really does amazing work.


I was excited to have an excuse to go see my family in Florida. While Scott was stuffing envelopes for the tournament, I decided to go visit New Symrna Beach. The kids had a blast.

Evidence -
There is no sign of Luke because he was helping his dad stuff goodie bags. I'm sure he had just as much fun as his brothers.

7 comments:

Mindy Burns said...

That was such a great, positive article!!! What a great thing you guys are doing! You're such an inspiration! We miss our days in Tampa! Tyler is growing into such a sweet handsome little boy, and what a wonderful thing you're doing for others with autism!

Katie M said...

such CUTE pictures! congrats on everything...

Haydee said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic. I love what you're doing. You should've told me you were in town we would've driven out there...next time for sure.

By the way those boys are gorgeous...Isabelle thought so too of Joel especially.;)

It's Been a Day! said...

what a great event. Glad there was such a great turnout. I wish Tyler could show a little more enthousiasm when he's excited!! those boys are too cute!

The Crandall Clan said...

Hey Ashley this is really cool. I found out today that you and Michelle Spencer know each other. I told her about this foundation and she wants to know more. I gave her your blog spot address (sorry I hope you dont mind) so she could go look it up. She also want to talk with you abour it.

Anonymous said...

Great pics - thanks Molly! We were so glad you guys had a reason to come into town. . .we love us some Jacksons.

Annie said...

I am SO excited that the event went so well. I work with young autistic children every day and so I'm always thrilled when I see the support growing. Love you guys!!